Sharon Paints Icons

The journey and reflections of an iconographer-in-training

Monday, October 16, 2006

All boled out

If you haven't tuned into my blog in the last few weeks, you have clearly not missed much. After 8-10 layers of bole with drying and sanding in between, I basically have to start the bole over. The reason being that I was sanding too much in between and so, still have patches of gesso showing through. After talking with Charles at the beginning of last week, his suggestion was to make a new batch of bole and start the process over, sanding very little in between. Enough so pimples don't form in subsequent layers. Susi asked me in the previous post how it affects me emotionally. I get impatient, frustrated, avoidant and depressed. Other than that, not too badly.

I have thus decided to finish up my IV work this week and throw myself headlong back into the process after that. Hopefully by next week. Please pray for me.

3 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger Bora said...

"...impatient, frustrated, avoidant and depressed..." you sound like a writer...occupational hazard of the artist, I guess.

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

you know i was just reading charles' article and he says about icon writing "Sometimes the walk is tedious and boring and involves simply putting one foot before the other and pushing ahead." so it would seem although you get impatient, frustrated, avoidant and depressed...apparently you're doing it right. and that is just like life no? you'll plod along and do the bole, you'll put one foot in front of the other, you'll keep the faith.

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger sharonhi said...

Thanks for the encouragement friends. I appreciate your partnership and faith on this journey.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home