Sharon Paints Icons

The journey and reflections of an iconographer-in-training

Saturday, November 15, 2008

In Alaska

I am currently in Alaska studying with C. I got here on the 9th and will be leaving on the 19th. It has been great reconnecting with C and his family. I look forward to bringing my kids with me sometime in the future. We are working on two icons, St. Benedict and Christ Pantocrator. Pictures to come once I get home. Here's the breakdown of our time thus far:

Monday: Drawing
Tuesday: preparing Panels/Drawing
Wednesday: Transfer the Drawing onto the panels and silver point
Thursday: Gilding
Friday: Opening up the icon (choosing and laying the base colors down)
Saturday: highlighting on St. Benedict (or Benny as I like to call him when I am tired)

Sunday, Monday and Tuesday: highlighting on Jesus and inscriptions on St. Benedict.

We have been working hard. The weather has been cold and rainy and I have appreciated J's silk underwear and snow boots. Also, E and L's water bottle they gave me and the stainless tea tumbler I bought from H have gotten heavy use. A seems to be doing great with the kids who were glad to see where I am staying (C's house) via webcam. It's a great gift to get this time and I appreciate A for holding down the fort while I am here in Alaska. Give him a pat on the back if you see him around. Thanks for your prayers everyone.

5 Comments:

At 7:47 AM, Blogger Bora said...

Great to read your post, S. I'm glad that you're having such a good time in A painting I. Excited to see the digital p when you upload them. xo. B.

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Erin said...

I was gonna do the same joke as B, but now I can't, so I'll just say I'm glad you posted, we miss you at morning prayer, and blessings on the rest of your work days there.

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Bora said...

the early bird gets the comment joke worm.

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger sharonhi said...

h-h, pnut g.

S.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger D said...

Send a shot of Benny when you can!

Blessings, S,
D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home