Opening up the Holy Family
Today was a big day. I spent the day redrawing the lines in the icon and then we opened the icon. That means that we put the first colors down. It's a prayerful phase. Especially, since C was mixing and choosing the colors. I just had to paint. I am getting comfortable in a good way with the Holy Family image. I have more to work out, but I am present to the love and peace here.C with his wife Paula and dog Beans. Their high school son Miguel is in Anchorage at the model UN representing the People's Republic of China and trying to avoid a nuclear catastrophe. The next picture is C in the studio, reading while I catch up. On the table is an icon of the Korsun Mother of God that C is just beginning for himself (or so he thinks). It's the same as the one I painted in the class I took from C at Seattle U.
Thanks for tuning in!

6 Comments:
great pics. it's nice to get a sense of your work space. you're right about icons not showing their teeth, but they're typically not wearing glasses, either, so we understand that it's the spirit of the thing.
Why is C the only "initialed" member of his family? Is he trying to stay on the DL?
. . . and they're also typically not Asian either, right?
great photos - looks like a really comfy place to be
Hey B! C's studio is great. He's a true artist and his space reflects that and his 25 year commitment to his craft. He built/had it built for the purpose of painting icons some years ago. It always makes me want to get that drum set out of mine that I am always tripping over. How about pics of your workspace? Or, did I miss them?
As far as the initials, I just thought I would introduce C's family for those who don't know them. He also has a daughter Phoebe who lives and works in Juneau. I guess I need to get an off-line tutorial on the reasons you don't mention names in blogs.
Pics of my room are coming! It is a comfy place to be and the R's are so hospitable.I'm fatter as you might be able to tell.
... and they didn't wear ponytails, even though J, M, and probably J had long hair and might have tied back their hair. Although in this icon, J was only a baby and didn't have long hair. And for some reason, the other J is never shown with long hair. And M often covers her head. Nevermind. J, M and J didn't wear ponytails.
Oh, P. Dana - LOL.
Sharon, great to get the update and see your surroundings - work and all!
Miss you and praying for your work and visit.
Also ponytail-less,
D
Hi Sharon,
I'm slow to catch up on blogs but am happy to see you, your work, and your work space here. Thinking of you. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home