Assist and a Glacier
I will refer to the gold highlights as "assist", which is actually what you use to adhere gold leaf as a highlight. We are not using gold, but paint. However, I will differentiate what are usually painted highlights (highlight) and what is traditionally gold (assist). I am sure everyone was really trying to sort that out. Anyway, I finished the assist on Jesus' garment which is the trickiest part. I have a little more to do on the throne and Mary's robe. However, we have moved onto the highlights of the faces and hands. I am waiting for the hands and feet to dry even as I write. Looks like a midnight ending time again for me.
We took a little side trip to the glacier in Juneau(behind us first and a closer picture of the glacier second). I have seen it before, but didn't get a picture. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to take the short hike to see beyond the small tip pictured here. Next time- I gather it will still be here :) We are heading down the home stretch. One more day!

1 Comments:
I was just wondering about that whole "assist" thing...
Looks like it's coming along well. I'm excited to see the finished product.
Post a Comment
<< Home