Je suis en Versailles!
I decided to buy this shirt and I think it looks pretty good on me. I've been working out. It is not a feeling, but a reality that many more people speak English in Paris than the rest of France. Although Versailles is a tourist location, once you get away from the palace grounds and the immediate surrounding area, you are deep in no English-land. In fact, the place I am staying is very close to the palace, but apparently the wrong close part if you are deficient in the French language. Also, I am staying at a pension that is, let's just say, _not_ in Rick Steve's book. Also, Monica and I were staying in the ultimate in American English-speaking hotels, a Hilton. Hmmm...Hilton....L'Ermitage. There won't be anymore champagne glass raising pictures. That being said, the place is fine on all counts. (I hear someone playing the song "Elvira" even as I write). It's funny (sort of), but I think I misunderstood almost all the directions given to me once I stepped off the train. I am sure the person in the office de tourisme told me that it would take ten minutes to get to my place, but it really took 40 minutes. I misunderstood the note written to me and missed dinner (but was given a full plate from the kitchen). I asked at what hour the Maison closed. I thought I was told that it didn't close, but found the outside gate padlocked. It is true, the actual house is not locked.Tomorrow, breakfast and I head to a class that I am assuming is at a particular place, but with no certain knowledge of our actual location and start time. Pray for me. I am also going to try and rent a bike for the week. I am a little more anxious than excited about the class at the moment. I am starting to think we should have at least tried harder to get specific information on the class.

5 Comments:
good for you for being so game (not that you have a choice now). Here's to a great week of class.
At least you have internet access!
Right. I think "game" feels a lot like irresponsible, naive, presumptuous and even head banging stupidity. However, things are looking up, je pense.
I think everything will turn out just fine.
Bon chance!
spoken like someone who is not here.
lol.
Post a Comment
<< Home